Zoely® is an unique oral combined hormone contraception containing 2.5 mg of Nomegestrol Acetate and 1.5 mg Estradiol (as 17β-estradiol).1
17β-estradiol is a natural estrogen with a structure that is identical to the estrogen produced in a womans body1, Nomegestrol Acetate is metabolically neutral without any androgenic, estrogenic or mineralo-glucocorticoid activities.1
- 4th generation monophasic combined hormone contraceptive pill, containing 24 active (white) pills and 4 placebo (yellow) pills.
- Inhibits ovulation & causes changes in the endometrium.1
- Has a Pearl index of 0.40. 1
- Is GMS reimbursed.
Combined oral contraceptives including Zoely® are suitable for use in the following patient groups1,3,4
- Women who want autonomy and control over their menstrual cycle.
- Women aged up to 50 years with no other medical conditions.
- Women with a BMI of ≤30kg/m2 who do not smoke.
- Women ≥6 weeks postpartum if not breast feeding.
- Women with dysmenorrhoea who have an irregular, heavy or prolonged bleeding pattern.
- Women with endometriosis.
- Zoely® SmPC
- Chabbert_Buffet N et al., Gynaecol Endocrinol 2013;29 (10) 891 – 96
- WHO Guidelines. Medical Eligibility Criteria for contraceptive use 2015 update.
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care (FSRH). UK Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use. UKMEC 2016. London: FSRH, 2016.